<$BlogRSDURL$>

Pissonu Alert

Other Alerts

PISSONUAL
dhs advisory
Terror Alert Level

6.16.2004

UnCivil Electioneering

I just learned via The Republic of T. that Jon Bon Jovi has been the recipient of hate mail and other insults merely because he's been campaigning for John Kerry. That's all he did -- fundraising for a politician he wants to be president. How Apple Pie is that? Isn't that one of the great stereotypical down-home images of what makes America great: actively participating in democracy for a candidate you want to win?

I've never been a fan of Jon Bon Jovi, and I am certainly no fan of John Kerry, but that it has reached a point where simply campaigning for a presidential candidate causes such incivility is just more proof of how politics in America has been hijacked by the brown-shirts. I know there are countless such signs, many of them far worse, but this one hit me for some reason.